If someone was to ask me what this week had in store there is no way I would have predicted what has happened. For some strange reason I feel like I'm not worthy to write a post about a friend who I had lost contact with for so many years. I'm not going to pretend that we were close or that I knew her well over the last couple of years, however we were friends for the time that I lived in Adelaide, and I hold the memories we shared close to my heart.
Honestly it was only last week I was telling a friend who was going back to Africa, a little story about her. You see many years ago this girl moved from South Africa to Adelaide, being young and naive I remember asking her if she slept on the ground in Africa, or if she lived in a hut. Looking back I can see that was pretty rude, but I assumed that all people in Africa lived in huts and not houses like myself. Jani just laughed at me, brushed it off and explained she lived in a house just like me. She opened my eyes to another part of the world I obviously knew nothing about. Small memories like that have lived on with me. For the time I knew her back home, she was kind, she was funny, and she was a good friend.
I can't imagine how her family and close friends must feel at this time, and I will continue to pray for them.
Rest in peace Jani von Wielligh, you will be dearly missed.

No comments:
Post a Comment