I find so often no matter what it is in life, if you want to do something there will always be people who will tell you you cant.
Perhaps they say you can't because they never could? Maybe they are simply realists, or even just pessimistic.
You just don't know if you can do something unless you try. You are being robbed if you don't even try to achieve what you want based on someone's negative remarks.
For instance when people say "Oh that's very hard to get into". Yeah there may be a certain truth to that, but who says you can't make it, get into it and be the best at it? All you have to do is try and work hard. And if it doesn't work out, at least you tried and then move on.
From personal experience I find it so frustrating when people say that to me in relation to what I want to do with my life. I feel like it's a put down even if the person saying it didn't even intend to put me down.
If you want to be a dentist, be one and be the best. If you want to be an actress, be one and be the best. If you want to be doctor, be one and be the best you can be. If you want to be a lawyer be one and be the best, and if you want to be a professional athlete, be one and be the best one ever.
The truth is everything is hard to get into. So why vocalise it and bring others down? In fact I'm sure we all know it ourselves already.
On the other hand we all have the agency to choose how others negativity impacts us. We can either let it deter us from living out our dreams, or motivate us to try harder.
I feel like we just need to bring each other up, instead of sowing negative seeds into each others lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment