Friday, December 4, 2015

My Year.

The year is coming to an end, and I guess at this time we all start to reflect on what we have achieved, who has stayed, come and gone from our lives.Looking back, I'm a different person than I was last year.
Our lives are like books, and each year is a chapter full of moments, people and events that make us who we are.

I won't go into to detail about every waking moment of my year, but these are some of the things that I will remember from 2015 in years to come.

This year I've completed my first year of law at Deakin Universtity and I'm proud. It has been a challenging year, yet one of the most satisfying. I have met some of the most amazing people in my first year of law, people that will stay my friends for life. It's weird to think I only met them March this year, but it already feels like it's been ages. While Uni feels like a prison at times, and while the workload can be unbearable I will miss it someday.

This year has also been the year of the 21st. I've been lucky enough to give a speech at a couple of my close friends birthdays, and while at the time I was nervous beyond words I am thankful and honoured that I got that opportunity. I'm not sure why the 21st birthday is such a big deal in Australia, but it seems to be the last really special birthday. So I'm thankful I could be apart of it all.

This year has also had some tough moments, like all year's do. Sadly this year an old school friend passed away unexpectedly. It taught me how fragile human life is, and the complete lack of control we can have over our future. Moments like these are never easy, and for a time I felt a bit of regret that I hadn't stayed in contact with her over the years. But people do grow apart, and it's only natural when we all go our separate ways. It has also taught me not to take my family and friends for granted, and to tell them how much I value them, because life is too short to keep all that stuff in.

I have met so many new people this year, some who have stayed and some who have gone. Each person has impacted my life in different ways and taught me something new.







No comments:

Post a Comment