Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Something Slightly Controversial.

WARNING: The following post you are about to read is very controversial. I don't mean to offend anyone, that is not why I am writing this at all. In fact this post isn't written to try and persuade you to believe what I believe or to agree with me at all. It is written based on my own thoughts, and something that has me currently thinking about what our world has come to. I guess you are all wondering about what this post is actually going to be about. Abortion. I'll be honest, I am against abortion. It's one of those things I believe isn't ethically right. It's simply what I believe.

Argument usually falls under woman's rights. But what about the right's of the baby? I understand that there are certain scenarios that have and can occur, like falling pregnant as a result of being raped. I can understand that if one was to give birth to that child, the child would be a constant reminder of such a tormenting experience. However does that child deserve to die? There are far many more challenging reasons as to why people abort their babies every year. I think the world of today is to consumed with rights. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for the basic human rights.

Recently there has been a story of a couple who wanted to abort their baby. The reason for wanting to abort that baby is because that baby was not a boy. For starters, the doctor confronted with this matter refused to reference this couple to an abortion clinic. I think this is absolutely terrible that someone would want to abort their child because of the gender. To start with, you would think a mother and father would love any child conceived into the world. Some couples cannot even conceive at all, and there are families out there that would do anything to have a baby, despite the gender. Perhaps if you specifically wanted a boy, adoption is may be the answer. It just pains me to think that there are babies out there being aborted purely because of their gender. It pains me to think that there are people out there that would abort their own baby because it wasn't what they expected. I wonder, if that family does decide to keep that baby girl... What the would tell that baby. Surely someday that girl will come to know she was almost killed because she wasn't a boy. I think if it was me, I would feel sick to know my parents would easily kill me for that reason, and secondly I'd be forever thankful to that doctor who didn't allow it.

I will not, and do not judge woman who decide to have abortions. It is not my decision to make for others. I know I may come across very judgmental towards those who abort based on the baby's gender, but at the end of the day if I met someone who had, I would continue to treat them like I would treat anyone else. I am not writing this to shove my opinion down your throat. I am writing this because it is a topic and issue that has been on my mind, and I felt I should write about it. Like I said from the start, abortion is a very touchy and controversial subject, and we all have our own views and opinions about it. This so happens to be mine. Thanks for taking the time to read this, it is always appreciated!

Shaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment