Monday, March 4, 2013

Just One Of Those Bad Weeks

Last week was a fairly rough week for me. We all have weeks like that I guess. To kick start the week I feel that maybe I didn't go into it with the best attitude. By attitude, I mean my outlook wasn't super positive. I'd like to think that I am a fairly positive person 85% of the time. There was some great moments last week for sure, but it was an all round mess. Monday and Tuesday I didn't feel 100% health wise. I'm pretty sure I shattered my iPhone screen on Wednesday. (yet again. I have seriously had my screens replaced, both front and back at least  5 times in the last few months.) To add to the list, my laptop is stuffed. I'm currently using my mums to write this post though! Thursday from memory was alright I think, which was nice. Friday was an awesome day right until 5PM. 

Friday in itself is a massive story. For those who don't know, I was in a car accident on Friday afternoon around 5PM. After I had picked my sister up from school after work I decided it might be nice to buy some flowers for my room. I don't usually buy flowers, but I felt inspired by all of Emma Clapham's instagram posts. Less than 500m from the Geelong Flower Farm is where the drama happened. Elise (my sister) and I had the windows rolled down, just chatting about who knows what now, when all of a sudden she yelled something. We both have talked about it now, and we have no clue what she said. Whatever she said, it definitely got my attention and I knew something wasn't right. All of a sudden I see this plank of wood, around 2.5 meters flying towards my windshield. For my local readers, this happened on the Bellarine Hwy, which is a fairly busy road. This road is also a double lane, with a nature strip separating both directions. ANYWAY! So this plank of wood was flying towards my car from a white ute in the left lane. I wasn't far behind him, but I was in the right lane.  I literally had 3 seconds to decide what I was going to do. Thinking back everything went silent, kind of like it does in the movies. Everything also kind of happened in slow motion too. For some crazy reason instead of breaking, I slammed on the accelerator thinking I should try and beat this piece of wood. Boy I am so thankful I had done that. I'll admit I closed my eyes right before it hit my car, and seconds later I realised that for starters I was okay, and so was my sister. Straight away I indicated into a U turn lane, and when it was safe I U turned, and stopped on the side of the road. In the meantime the idiot who did not secure his load of wood did stop, but on the other side of the road. Mind you there is 4 lanes and a massive nature strip separating me from him. When I had realised what had happened, I'll admit I started to cry, I was covered in small shards of glass. If I hadn't of been wearing sun glasses I would have gotten glass all in my eyes also. My window was already down, and the man responsible was trying to communicate to me, but he was so far away I could not hear a word he was saying. He was pointing a whole lot, but at that stage I was not capable of responding... So Elise tried to handle it, signalling for him to come over. Soon after he started to drive away, and I was certain he was going to U turn to get closer to us. I was very wrong. He just drove off. Maybe he assumed that we were okay, and we were... well sort of. My car certainly was not. Looking back, if I had been driving that little bit slower that plank of wood probably would have smashed its way straight through my windscreen, but would have also killed me. 





This is the wood. I ended up collecting it from the side of the Hwy in case it came to some kind of importance. 



For those who may be wondering.... I ended up buying flowers. I mean after all, there was no way I almost died for no reason.
Apart from that Saturday and Sunday were great. And as far as I know this week, its going to be a great week.
Until next time, Shaylie xox

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Just wanted to let you know, that I am so glad I could inspire you to drive to the flower farm! Sorry to hear of the awful trip, but hopefully the flowers you purchased made it a little better!
    Love,
    Emma Clapham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Emma,
    The flowers were lovely, and I'll admit it was all worth it in the long run! Was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I will be definitely going back there, it's a beautiful place! Your posts are always inspiring! Xx

    ReplyDelete