Saturday, January 12, 2013

Taking Things For Granted.

My new thing at the moment is to try and not take anything for granted.
Often enough I always want the newest and latest thing. Unfortunately for me, I have been out of pocket for most of the year, not really being able to afford the newest and latest things. I look around, and I realise the things I have are just as good. I always take everything for granted. 

In my old house, I'm not sure if it was the last house or the house before... but one of many houses I have lived in, we didn't have a dishwasher. Moving to a house that has no dishwasher after living with one that does, sucks. If you are anything like me... I hate washing dishes. Thankfully I now live in a house with a dishwasher! It's just small things like that. Another thing I have taken for granted is the fact I had braces. 
My oh my, if I never had braces I think I would have locked myself in my room, and cried everyday for a very long time. Sounds stupid... but my teeth were horrible. I barely ever wear my retainer, and just take my straight teeth for granted. Thinking back to my horrible teeth, I think I will probably start wearing that retainer again. Definitely will embrace that retainer.

It's just not stuff I take for granted. It's people too. I am surrounded by so many amazing people that have all somehow made an impact in my life, and somehow made their way into my memories, and will for memories to come. We all do it. It's so easy too, and I guess it's easy because a lot of the time we are surrounded by our friends and family. We don't know what it's like not to have them. Everyone I know is incredible in their own way as individuals, and I am planning to embrace them forever. 

Lastly, I come to moments.  Over everything else I take moments for granted the most. So many moments have rushed by that I wish I could revisit. Often enough I forget to embrace the moment, and I need to learn to consume it a little more, and take note not to take it for granted. 

What do you take for granted? Is it essentials? People? Moments? Whatever it is... try and embrace it all as much as you can while you have it/them or in the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment