Sunday, December 30, 2012

Staying True

For me, what I wear helps contribute to who I am. I guess its not like that for everyone, but we all have something that helps define who we are. I know, clothes and makeup... how superficial of me. Honestly though, I think that clothes are the ultimate tool in expressing who we are. You see someone walking down the street wearing clothes that perhaps their parents or grandparents used to own, and you label them as 'indie'. Maybe they don't dress like that to be specifically 'indie' but dressing in a certain way separates us from the person next to us.

I like the idea of having my own individual style, a signature style. I'm not sure if I have a signature style, but I'd like one.

On the flip side though, I don't want to be labelled for something that I am not, based on the clothes I wear or by how much makeup I put on. I mean just because I love clothes and makeup, and really enjoy investing my time in it, does not mean I am some superficial girl that cares way to much about my appearance. I don't understand what is so wrong with looking presentable and in with the fashion.

We should always be ourselves, even if it means that we are judged by others. Its always important to be true to yourself. Wear what you want to wear, sing how you want to sing, express yourself how you want to express yourself. Because at the end of the day we are who we are and that is how it should stay.

I guess what I am trying to say is I want to be who I am and express who I am without being judged and categorised. 
Shaylie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment