Monday, November 19, 2012

Finding The Balance

It's been a while since my last post. I've finished school and now I guess life really begins! It's really weird now, I mean I get to wear my own clothes everyday and not some dorky uniform, I never know what the date is any more and I am completely free to make my own decision on my own terms (to and extent of course). No more countless textbooks, heavy binders or the stress of SACS! I mean there will always be stress in life, and I'm sure if I ever decide to go to uni there will be more textbooks and binders... but as for now I am completely distancing myself from those thoughts.

I'll be honest although its really nice not being at school, I have realised that my eating pattern is really messed up now. At school you were given specific times to eat, and it became just one of those things I never thought about. Now its a different story! It could go both ways I guess... Endless access to a pantry stocked with food could result to me becoming morbidly obese, which I'm really hoping doesn't happen! Or although I'm home a lot and I have access to food, I just forget to eat. Which could result to a really messed up metabolism. I guess its all about finding the balance. Finding the balance as to what we put in our mouths and when, but also finding the balance as to how I use my time and energy.

I have a list of things I really want to do now that school is finished. So I'll fill you all in on my plans.
Here it goes:

1) Get really fit. I'm aiming at exercising everyday, if anything... most days. I just want to be a really healthy person. Looking fit on the outside, but also feeling great within. This is an important goal that I'll need to find some consistent balance with.

2) Sorting my room out properly, getting rid of the random crap I don't even know how it came into my possession! I'm not a hoarder, so if I find something with no use its gone!

3) Catch up on and re watch some TV series. Including Mcleods Daughters, Friends, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, New Girl, Homeland and 90210.

4) Read some books, books I have chosen to read on my own will. Unlike those books forced upon me (A Christmas Carol, Crucible and Dreams From My Father) Never again.

5) Work... Now this may include me finding new work completely, especially if my shifts don't pick up during the Christmas break. As of now, I'm just going to class myself as unemployed because I haven't worked in like 5 months!

6) Just not afraid to venture out, meet new people and try new things!


Thanks for reading :)
Shaylie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment