I think as we go about everyday of our lives we become too comfortable. Each day becomes this routine, and we know what's going to happen. It just becomes predictable.
This may not be the case for everyone. I mean no day can ever be exactly the same as the last, but we get to this point were we know what to expect. When did we stop seizing the day? Or did we ever start seizing the day?
You may ask what brought this on. Well I will tell you.
I was watching this show called 'Get Out Alive', and 10 people were held hostage in a Library by some nutcase. Bottom line is, those people had no clue they were going to be held hostage that afternoon.
I began to think what it would be like to be held hostage. Would I be at peace knowing it would be okay if I'd die? Would I have looked back on my life knowing I had seized every moment worth seizing.
Another classic example that comes to mind when I think of 'Carpe diem', is this brilliant TV show called 'Community'. I think it's Season 1, episode 3. If you have not seen 'Community' you must at least watch this episode because it is hilarious. It's probably my favourite episode. It's about a handful of students who attend a community college.

(Mr. Whitman)
Mr. Whitman gives his class an assignment, and this is to seize the day. If the class seizes the day, they get an A just like that. However Jeff is finding it difficult to truly seize the day, and Mr Whitman notices his poor attempts. Mr. Whitman knows how to truly seize the day. He climbs trees, runs through sprinklers and orders birthday cakes instead of coffee. We should all be more like Mr. Whitman!
So if you find yourself going through the motions just like me. Make the most of what you have in front of you! Carpe Diem! Seize the day, because you won't regret it :)
Shaylie xoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment